Google
 

Monday, March 17, 2008

New PC

My old PC crashed last Monday. According to the technician, the motherboard had become faulty, and thats why it was restarting continuously. Well, I did not switch it off during the weekend, and maybe the infernal heat had the better of it.

It was a P4PE ASUS motherboard with 256 MB DDR RAM, a 40 GB Hard Disk, a 128 MB GeForce graphics card, and a Pentium IV 2.8 GHz processor. For around three years it worked perfectly, sometimes it would be switched on for more than 20 hours per day. I did my University final year project on it, and many more other projects.

Now I have a PC with a BIOSTAR motherboard, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 512 MB GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, 160 GB SATA hard disk. I am using my old processor on it, and I have also added my old 40 GB hard disk in it.

Its only a few days since I got my new PC, and I can feel the difference with the old one. This one is faster and with this one, I can install as many applications as I want without any fear of running out of space!

I hope I can get 4 to 5 years out of it, before its time to consider buying a new one, and most importantly, it will work as smoothly as the old one!


1 comments:

preetesh said...

Heh me also need to take a new PC..i need a loan though..lol! Can any1 help?? :P